I have been designing websites for over 20 years, ever since I fell in love with the internet.
But before the internet came along, I had another life and career.
After completing a BA in Communication Studies, I joined National Mutual in the position of Public Relations Officer. I later moved to a similar role with Capita Financial Group.
I progressed to senior marketing management roles, spending 5.5 years as Marketing Manager for CPS Credit Union SA Ltd (now Beyond Bank), followed by 2.5 years as Group Marketing Manager for Lifeplan Financial Group SA Ltd (now part of Australian Unity).
In those positions, I was always very “hands on” and realised that I preferred the writing, design and production aspects to the more general management aspect of these marketing and advertising roles.
As the internet evolved into a business tool, I developed a strong background in strategic internet marketing and website development, and this focus lead me to the role of manager for a small South Australian internet company, where I remained for 3.5 years.
From there, I moved to Adam Internet in the role of Web Development Manager until July 2003 when Adam closed their web development department and outsourced this work to my own fledgling business, Oak Web Design Adelaide Hills.
Since July 2003, I have been self-employed, working from my home, developing websites and other marketing materials for a variety of clients.
- Master of Business Administration – University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Arts – Communication and Psychology – University of South Australia
- Certificate of Direct Marketing – Australian Direct Marketing Association
- Associate Diploma of Arts – University of South Australia
- Management Development Certificate – CFG
- Group Training Skills Certificate – NMLA